C6+ GC Configuration
We just did C6+ GC configuration to show how to configure GC from scratch. In this instance the original GC was a C7+ GC. We then did all the changes required to make it a healthy C6+ GC.
Here’s a quick steps of what we’ve done on this exercise:
- We changed the component data table to C6+ GC component data table:
- We then changed the event timing step by step where initial RF trend looks like this:
- To an optimised GC with final RF trend that is set as footprint as follows:
- After this exercise we currently do the following:
- long term repeatability test using the same test gas
- Calibration every six hours to demonstrate the GC uncertainty monitoring
- Up to now, the repeatability have been showing very good result, the following is the CV trend so far between 20/6/2018 12:49 – 22/6/2018 12:00 (2 std deviation of +/- 0.011% which is much better than stated repeatability tolerance of this GC of 0.05%)
- This is the first step of GC configuration, the next step is to monitor the performance of this GC. On next post, we’ll post about the monitoring of this GC using the near live uncertainty method. This GC is on 24/7 and we’ll be calibrating it every 6 hours to demonstrate how to monitor the GC uncertainty value based on its calibration results.
If you want to get a step by step analysis file including the chromatograms of this exercise, this is available in our web-based support system. Please be in touch with me and i will be happy to give you access. You can also be involved by discussing this as well as give advise on what you want to try next on the GC and we can simulate the issue. The web based support system looks like below where you can all add comment etc.
Please leave a comment if you have any query, or alternatively you can send me an email to request access or if you have any other queries to email@example.com.
Also for our Indonesian colleague, we will do free conference and training between 18-20 July 2018. This exercise can be used as a discussion points for our conference and training. So please be in touch for your free account to our support system to gain access to the detail off this exercise.
Posted by Anwar Sutan on June 22, 2018